Gönderen Konu: SNCF 150X (In English)  (Okunma sayısı 4088 defa)

0 Üye ve 1 Ziyaretçi konuyu incelemekte.

Çevrimdışı Jean-Patrick

• Kulüp Üyesi
  • Forum Üyesi
  • İleti: 28
    • www.trainsofturkey.com
SNCF 150X (In English)
« : Şubat 09, 2007, 00:08:22 »
Hi Guys

I think I clumsily deleted the thread I started about me... So I start another one about the 150X. I will be more careful this time.

To reply to Cem: the 150X where used right after the war. In 1946 up to 1950, SNCF was highly disorganized because of war damage. Don't think that all trains were neatly organized and good looking! No, anything that could still move was used and the 150X were employed on passenger trains when no other loco were available.

It has been noted, on express trains, that they could almost keep the same schedule as a tall wheel passenger loco.  150X are limited at 80km/h versus 120km/h normal passenger speed of the time. This is thanks to their high tractive effort enabling a very quick start and thus a high average speed.

The 150X being new, were used 24h a day, with 3 or 4 crews relaying on the same loco. Timetable were very unreliable and often, a "camp" car was attached to the loco so a spare crew could rest while another was driving.

So, on your layout, you can pull just about any train with your 150X. Perhaps even one "furgon" used as a "camp" car.

And don't think apartment in Paris are large. No, they are even smaller than Istanbul. This is why we have a lot of ideas about tiny layout (so called shelf layout).

Cheers
Jean-Patrick

ctekin

• Ziyaretçi
Ynt: SNCF 150X (In English)
« Yanıtla #1 : Şubat 09, 2007, 09:25:14 »
Jean-Patrick hi again,

Thanks very much for the info. This is what turns a layout to a "great layout". Altough I said I'm not much into realism, I like complete trains with proper cars; something that is usually overlooked - at least here in Turkey.

As you might guess, this forum has been a great help and a communication line especially for us "the veterans" (who kept their material in boxes for decades). And there are many new starters too. So, thinking in terms of "epoches" and complete cars will come later I guess. Most of the members here (including me) are busy with acquiring locomotives and building a diaroma in some way. But discussions like these will certainly improve the public awareness on "available cars for locomotives" and "complete trains".

Thanks again.

All the best,

Cem.

Çevrimdışı Jean-Patrick

• Kulüp Üyesi
  • Forum Üyesi
    • www.trainsofturkey.com
« Yanıtla #2 : Şubat 10, 2007, 00:06:41 »
You are completly right.

Modeling is about learning the real thing through observation, documentation, ... Once this is done, you are free to do whatever you like on your layout. Some prefer to focus on the decor, others on rolling stock, or electronics, or operation.

This is where a club is handy: different people focusing on different areas will produce a great work and everybody will have fun.

Me too, I am more into rolling stock than buildings & scenery. This is why I decided to switch to IIm scale (1/22 - 45mm track). Perhaps, one day, I will do also 1 scale (1/32 - 45mm track)

Now back to the 150X: all of them were based in Northern and Eastern France. Paris was as far south they ever went. One of the problem was their size: they were designed for the German loading gauge which is larger that the French one. Hence, they were not allowed on some lignes. This is also why the have such a short chimney (not the case in Germany). TCDD could have retrofitted the chimney because the Turkish loading gauge is also very large.

On the other hand, the cab was much larger that the regular French cab, and more confortable with features like electric lighting that did not exist at the time on French locos.

The 150X were also economical on coal. The design of the valve gear and the greasing system enabled the driver to completly cut the steam when going downhill (thus saving it).

Jean-Patrick

Çevrimdışı Jean-Patrick

• Kulüp Üyesi
  • Forum Üyesi
    • www.trainsofturkey.com
« Yanıtla #3 : Şubat 10, 2007, 00:10:07 »
Patrick Hi,

You call yourself clumsy? Harun deleted the whole forum !
This forum is the second chapter ;D

Erkut

Hey Guys

What about a basic in computer called "backup"?
This is a sort of insurance against walking liabilities with large fingers like me.

Jean-Patrick

ktuzunalp

• Ziyaretçi
« Yanıtla #4 : Şubat 12, 2007, 19:32:39 »
"Once this is done, you are free to do whatever you like on your layout"

Jean-Patrick , I think this is the key point. After learning facts on real trains, we must not force our members to obey "what we like to do", or "the way we choose". As you mentioned, there are several ways to enjoy this hobby. And, of course, if someone is clever enough to invent something new that we like, we have to appreciate it.

Kamil